The GC1 is a grip developed for the ergonomic demands of riders using sweptback handlebars, usually found on city and touring bikes. Using tradition grips on these bikes can cause a kink in the wrist which leads to discomfort in the hands and wrists. The GC1 corrects this wrist position through its anatomic and ergonomically correct form. Any aches and tension therefore can be eliminated.
- Designed to be used on handlebars with a backwards sweep.
- Available in 1 size and 2 shifter configurations.
- Cork offers high quality dampening performance.
- 40% cork and 60% German made rubber compound.
- The cork is sustainably grown in Portugal.
- The grip center core is made of natural grass fibers
- Certified toxin free rubber compound.
- UV stable rubber BioKork compound.
- Aluminum lock-on clamp which can be 100% recycled.
- Specially positioned textures maximum comfort.
- A product of Ergon’s GreenLab initiative.
The perfect grip for your townie style ride, the GC1 is a grip developed for the ergonomic demands of users of bicycles with backwards-swept handlebars. Using traditional grips on these bikes tends to cause a kink in the wrist. Ergon developed the GC1 to correct this wrist position. Its anatomic and ergonomically correct form reduces aches and pains caused by traditional grips and makes for a plush, comfortable ride. The GC1 is made from German developed, certified toxin free and UV stable rubber compounds. Specially positioned textures and different compound hardness ensure maximum comfort, and a secure grip.
- Ergonomic grip style for swept-back city style handlebars
- Works with regular shifters or Nexus shifters (select Nexus option in drop down menu)
- Lock-on forged aluminum clamp
- Toxin free and UV stable rubber compound
- Developed in Germany